Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Exalted Art Challenge - 2 - Regional Fashion

I wonder sometimes if I would even recognize myself back then. I still remember the soft light of Gem's crystals and the teeming underground marketplace that never slept. As a slave of Iblan, I was dressed in attire to represent the household of my master, an aging master goldsmith. 

I owned no finery of my own, not even the bangles I wore which served as an example of Iblan craftmanship for all to see and admire, for even their slaves must convey everything about their stature as Gem's famed goldsmiths. Instead of gems sewn into my shawl as any fine lady of Gem might own, mine was painted and embroidered to mimic gems. I was a pale imitation of what a noble Iblan lady might be.

- Memoirs of Kalara Vadras, The Uncrucified, RY 800.

Here we are on Day 6 and I've only gotten through 2 topics!  It seems like this one's going to be more of a 'when I'm done' instead of a daily thing, but that's quite alright because I had a lot of fun with this!  I may have to come back to the concept of Kalara stealing some time for lunch beside a crystal cluster in the city, as I really enjoy the casual slice of life of it.

Stay tuned to my Patreon later this week for an exclusive Patreon Early Access peek at all the sketches I did for this particular piece and a little more behind the creative process.

Painted in Procreate.





The prompt list.  Join in by using the hashtag #ExaltedArtChallenge!






No comments:

Post a Comment